CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Garth Brooks in Las Vegas!



Trent is such a sweetheart. He got me Garth Brooks tickets for my birthday. It only took us about 5 hours on line, waiting and waiting and waiting. And several phone calls that never went through. But we finally got connected and Trent got some tickets for April 11th. I was so excited when he told me, then I remembered that his sister was getting married on the 10th. I wondered if he even thought about that when he was booking the tickets......he didn't. But it all worked out. We left right after the wedding and stayed in St. George, then got up the next morning and went to Vegas! It was awesome! We stayed at the Excalibur, the concert was at the Wynn. It was so cool to see Garth live,again! (I went to his concert about 17 years ago) He sounded so good. It was very casual, he looked like he had just come from a construction site, work boots, hoodie, baseball cap. It was just him and his guitar. Except when Miss Yearwood (that's what Garth called her) joined him on stage. It was awesome. I loved it!!!
The next morning before we left for home, we went to a Titanic exhibit. It was pretty cool. They had it set up like you were walking through a ship and there were all sorts of things that have been recovered from the wreck site over the years. Lots of dishes, some clothes, jewelry, shoes, parts of the ship. There was a HUGE piece of the ship, it weighs about 15 tons. No pictures though : (

We weren't supposed to take phones or cameras into the concert, so we didn't, but when we got there, lots of people had cameras and were snapping away. I wished I had my camera.......this is the only picture we got of Garth.

Here we are at our castle.

In the lobby at the Wynn. (Trent's not big on smiling.)

Me and Elvis

3 comments:

Erin

So fun. Looks like a fun trip. Fast, but fun. Trent has a good smile, he should show it more. P.S. I like the shorts!

Brittany

I still love Garth Brooks from when I was a little girl. I have some of my favorite songs on my IPod. I'll bet that was a great concert! My husband and I went to that Titanic exhibit last time we were in Vegas and it was awesome! We loved it!

Crystal

I'm going to see Garth in September & it's just killing me to think I won't be able to take my camera in. I was searching blogs for something like yours, someone to tell me that YES, people did have cameras & didn't get in trouble or kicked out for having them. Did you see that anyone got in trouble for it? Thanks! Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait!

Post a Comment